Friday, October 14, 2011

Proof my current job is better than my last one

For those wondering why I would work all night at my current job, it's because I love it. Take, for example, my last job...selling insurance. Awful. We were sent, at one point, to a leadership retreat at corporate headquarters for some of the worst-constructed icebreakers and leadership building activities ever. At the end of it, they gave us a poker chip with the company logo on it (yay...only 399 more for a full set!) and a card we were supposed to write down two professional goals on. This was mine, and I still keep it to this day to remind me that, now that I have a job I love, never to take a different job only because it pays more.

By the way, I accomplished both of those goals during my remaining 6 months there before I left to take a job in journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment